Dr Eilís Phillips
• PhD in History. Passed without corrections. University of Portsmouth. 2016-2019
• Master of Research in History. Distinction. UoP. 2015-2016
• B.A (Hons) in History. 1st Class. UoP. 2012-2015
• National Diploma in Popular Music South Eastern Regional College. N.I. 2000-2003
• GCSEs: A* English. A* English Literature. B Mathematics. B Science. B History. Belfast Metropolitan College. 1998-2000
- Awarded fully-funded 3 year PhD bursary by the Centre for European and International Studies Research.
- Awarded full amount of £10,000 by University of Portsmouth Postgraduate Support Scheme to undertake MRes in Humanties and Social Sciences.
- Granted the University of Portsmouth Masters Prize Bursary of £2,000: (cash award superseded by the PSS. Bursary mentioned above).
- Winner of the Elizabeth Prize for Highest Overall Grade in B.A (Hons) History and Combined Honours Programmes.
Recent Employment Experience
Creative Media Lead: From August 2020 Terry Bradley Art
- Project Management Consultant: Video Team Lead, Copywriting, PR, & Marketing.
Creative Consultant: May – August 2020 Wild Penny Flowers
- Business Consultant: Creative Media, PR, Marketing, Communications and Financial Management
Grant Officer: Ards & North Down Borough Council Feb-March 2020
- Rural Development Grant Officer: Project Management and Administration. NB: My agency contract was terminated due to Covid-19 restrictions.
University of Portsmouth: 2016-2019
- PhD Researcher
- Events & marketing manager for the University-run Portsmouth ‘DarkFest’ 2016-2019
- Lead organiser for Supernatural Cities Conference 2019.
- Organiser for Humaninties and Social Sciences Conference 2015 & 2016.
- Undergraduate tutor
- Research Assistant: Lost Voices: Spiritualism in the First World War Project
Full-time Self-Employed Musician: 2008 – 2012
- Bass guitar, vocals, acoustic guitar
- Marketing of the band and events
- Networking, public relations and promotion
- Booking gigs
- Project management experience: creating and managing marketing campaigns, liaising with artwork designers, overseeing printing, and CD production and sales
Belfast Community Telegraph: 2011
- Staff reporter
Communisis Print Management, Newcastle Upon Tyne: 2007
- Print management consultant
More details & for previous experience incl. retail & catering available upon request.